Emergency Dentist Medway MA
No matter how careful we are with our oral health and hygiene, mishaps still happen and emergency Dentist in Medway MA knows that. Luckily, you can go to an emergency dentist in Medway, MA for treatment. Reach out to an emergency dentist in Medway, MA if you accidentally bite down on something hard and break your tooth, or get a tooth knocked out during a physical activity. An accident dentist in Medway, MA would know how to take care of your dental emergency properly.
What Is the Difference Between a General Dentist and an Accident Dentist in Medway, MA?
An accident dentist in Medway, MA and a general dentist in the same area have a difference in the services they offer. The primary goal of an accident dentist in Medway, Massachusetts is to address the pain you are feeling. An accident dentist in Medway, MA also aims to stabilize the soft tissue surrounding a decaying tooth so as to prevent further damage. For example, an emergency dentist in Medway, MA can reimplant a knocked-out tooth or remove all areas of decay from a decayed tooth and put in fillings. Simply put, an emergency dentist in Medway, MA can give you immediate treatment, especially if you are in need of the services of that emergency dentist in Medway, MA at a late hour.
It is important to note that every single emergency dentist in Medway, MA is a dentist, but not all dentists offer accident care. Your nearest emergency dentist in Medway, MA will be able to perform temporary restorations and relieve your pain, but you should still see your usual dentist to get your teeth properly re-cemented.
What Qualifies as a Dental Accident for an Emergency Dentist in Medway, MA?
Before you go to an emergency dentist in Medway, MA, you should know if your dental concern necessitates this visit. Though an accident dentist in Medway, Massachusetts won’t turn you away, it’s important that you can correctly gauge the urgency of your dental accident. An emergency dentist in Medway, MA can treat the following urgent dental emergencies:
- Chipped, cracked, or broken tooth
- Knocked-out tooth
- Extruded tooth
- Facial swelling
- Severe toothache
- Tooth abscess
- Uncontrollable bleeding
An emergency dentist in Medway, MA can also treat the following common dental issues:
- Objects caught between teeth
- Lost filling and crowns
- Broken braces and wires
- Injuries to the tongue, cheeks, gums, and lips
When Should I Call an Emergency Dentist in Medway, MA?
You can never know when you might need accident care, which is why it’s a good thing if you have an accident dentist in Medway, MA within reach. Head to your nearest emergency dentist in Medway, MA if you:
- Are bleeding from the mouth,
- Have any loose teeth,
- Are swelling in the mouth and face area,
- Have spots or knots on your gums,
- Or are experiencing a toothache when biting down.
If you are experiencing at least one of these symptoms, then you have an urgent dental issue. Go to an emergency dentist in Medway, MA immediately. These issues cannot wait for an appointment or for general dentists’ clinics to open for the day. But an emergency dentist in Medway, MA will gladly accommodate you.
How to Avoid a Dental Emergency and a Visit to an Emergency Dentist in Medway, MA
There is only one sure way to avoid a dental accident, and that is by getting routine checkups from your usual dentist. If you keep your teeth healthy, strong, and free from decay, then you won’t have to visit an emergency dentist in Medway, Massachusetts.
You can also:
- Wear a mouth guard when playing sports.
- Avoid chewing ice and other hard food.
- Get a checkup right before you leave for a vacation. It may be hard to contact your emergency dentist in Medway, MA at your destination.
As long as you take good care of your oral fitness with help from a dentist office like Pediatric Dental of Millis, you‘ll be fine. Visits to an emergency dentist in Medway, MA will be unnecessary. If you have any more questions regarding emergency dentists then read the following article: http://www.aapd.org/resources/frequently_asked_questions/
Pediatric Dental of Millis – Emergency Dentist in Medway, MA
Proper dental care can start as early as when you get your first tooth. Since the state of your teeth affects speech, appearance, and digestion, the importance of regular dentist visits cannot be overstated, especially for young children whose permanent teeth are only just coming in. Pediatric Dental of Millis strives to make sure that your child has the best dental experience with us in Medway, MA. We specialize in pediatric dentistry and orthodontic treatment. Aside from providing premium dental care in a fun, positive atmosphere, we also guide parents and caregivers on how to uphold proper oral hygiene at home.
Kid-Friendly Treatment – Emergency Dentist in Medway, MA
At Pediatric Dental of Millis, our dentistry in Medway, MA knows how critical it is that your child’s first visit to the dentist is positive and stress-free. This first meeting sets the tone for future dental appointments; a good experience may even make them look forward to any succeeding dentist’s visits.
Our professionally-trained pediatric dentists in Medway, MA excel at addressing and managing your children’s dental anxieties and fears. We ensure that the children under our care get a positive experience that is tailored to their specific needs. Our dentists even have hospital privileges at Franciscan Hospital for Children in Brighton, which is near Medway, MA, should your child need general anesthesia.
Get a Big Smile With Our Pediatric and Orthodontic Services – Emergency Dentist in Medway, MA
Our clinic offers a variety of services, from the preventive to the restorative. We treat children from infancy to adolescence, including those with special dental needs. Preventive treatments in Medway, MA usually start when children are old enough to sit still for a cleaning.
It is infinitely better to prevent dental problems than to make children undergo treatment. Our dentistry offers the following services to help prevent decay and other dental issues:
- Digital dental X-rays – This is a diagnostic tool used to detect potential problems that the naked eye can’t see. To minimize radiation exposure, patients wear a lead apron with a thyroid collar.
- Fluoride treatment – This topical treatment helps decrease the chance of tooth decay and can repair teeth in the early stages of disease.
- Dental sealants – Sealants create a shield to protect molar surfaces from cavities.
- Counseling – Our discussion with parents cover topics such as healthy nutritional and dietary habits, as well as bottle and sippy cup use and hygiene.
- Teeth cleaning and flossing – These remove plaque and tartar and are followed by polishing.
- Custom athletic mouth guards – We will create a custom-made athletic mouth guard that will allow your child to breathe and speak easily. This way, he or she will be more willing to wear it while playing sports, thus preventing injury and concussions.
We also provide restorative treatments such as fillings and crowns if it is too late to prevent decay. Our dentists in Medway, MA can accurately identify and assess your child’s dental issues and capably manage it with the right treatments.
Those whose teeth aren’t aligned and may need braces or other kinds of orthodontic care can also come to our dentistry. We can assess if your child has malocclusion, jaw growth discrepancies, or teeth that are out of alignment, and monitor your child’s teeth and jaw growth. Our orthodontic treatments are also available for adults in Medway, Massachusetts. Our dentistry offers the following types of braces:
- Metal braces – Metal braces are made of high-grade stainless steel and are the most common type of braces.
- Ceramic braces – Made of translucent material, ceramic braces offer more aesthetic appeal but are also more fragile and prone to discoloration.
- Invisalign® – The Invisalign® System is a series of clear overlay templates. Generated by a computer simulation, these aligners gradually move the teeth. This system is available to adult patients in Medway, MA.
- SureSmile® – The SureSmile® system offers faster treatment times than traditional dental braces.
Rely on Pediatric Dental of Millis for Quality Dental Care – Emergency Dentist in Medway, MA
Dental visits shouldn’t be stressful, anxiety-inducing, and traumatic for children in Medway, Massachusetts. If you want a healthy, happy smile for you and your children, we at Pediatric Dental of Millis will be more than happy to accommodate you. Request an appointment through our website to get a bigger, healthier smile.