Pediatric dental care is important to your child’s wellbeing, and choosing the right dentist for your child is the best way to get things started. To make the right choice, consider these tips for screening the pediatric dentists in Millis MA to find the perfect fit.
- Ask for referrals from friends and family. A personal recommendation speaks volumes about a healthcare professional—especially one who will be caring for your child.
- Check for online reviews—but keep an open mind. Disgruntled patients are often more eager to post negative reviews than satisfied patients are to post a positive review. Use trusted review websites and check for recurrent themes that are both positive and negative rather than focusing on unique or obscure experiences.
- Look at the distance and location. You’ll visit your child’s dentist quite often, especially if your child will need braces, so it is wise to search for a provider whose location is convenient.
- Board Certification and professional affiliations show that the dentist and the staff are continuing to expand their knowledge and skills. Look for an office that actively participates in continuing education opportunities.
- Are the facilities and technology appropriate? Is the office up-to-date? Is the environment welcoming and comfortable for your child? Visit the dental office to get a feel for the patient experience.
- Payment plan options are important. Most routine dental services are covered by dental insurance, but there may be some out-of-pocket expenses as well. Ask for an explanation as to how these expenses will be handled and make sure that there is a plan that fits your budget.
You’ve found a pediatric dentist in Millis—now what?
Schedule a consultation to introduce your child and yourself to the dental team. Meet the dentist and explore the office. Feel free to ask questions. When you feel comfortable and confident in your decision, go ahead and schedule your first visit!